"The Ohio Taxidermists Association (OTA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the
quality of taxidermy and wildlife art, to educating the public regarding the art form
of modern taxidermy and is committed to wildlife conservation.
site by eddydesign © 2013 Ohio Taxidermists Association
Social Media is the latest craze in communication. It really has been working great for businesses and organizations in keeping up with it followers on the most recent news. If you want the quickest and latest news from the OTA like us on Facebook and get instant update's as they happen!
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Thanks once again to NDP Photography, Amanda Hrabak, the OTA official photographer. For information regarding show pictures, Amanda can be reached at
NEWS & UPDATES:
Sunday, January 19th, 2014 - at 12 noon
Quality Inn - Mansfield
Note: Meeting is open to all OTA Members
NEXT OTA BOARD MEETING
Outdoor Enthusiast? Hunter? Fisherman?
Wildlife Artist? Join Today! . . .
CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWSLETTER FEATURING MORE NEWS ABOUT
THE 2014 SHOW!
April 4, 5, 6, - 2014
• New Member Contest---Win free OTA membership, free hotel & more!
Sign up at the registration desk or note your mail-in registration.
Winner drawn at Awards Banquet
• Presidents Challenge --- “Predator vs. Prey”
• Great line-up of seminars --- Fast track training at its best!
• Check out the Trade Show --- Huge area, big discounts, no shipping!
• Friday night fun---
What'll we have this year?
Something different than last?
Come join the fun and have a blast!
• “Information Station” … right up front! - Set out your business cards!
Lots of visitors coming to see the Wildlife Display… Attract new customers!
• Win the Grand Prize Drawing (TBA)! …. Plus, - Raffles, 50-50 and more!
MORE DETAILS COMING SOON! ...
NEW FOR 2014 - "The Competitors Award"
Participants in the Ohio Taxidermy Championships who enter four or more mounts in the Professional or Masters Divisions can register to also compete for the Competitors Awards. Rules for the Competitors Awards are as follows:
• A onetime registration fee is required to participate for these awards which will be in addition to the normal mount entry fees. All fees are as indicated on the OTA Registration/Membership form. To compete for the Competitors Awards all applicable fees must be paid.
• The entries may be from any of the typical categories listed in the rules except Freeze Dry. Unlike the “Best All Around” competition, the com-peting entries are not limited to being in four different categories, but may be in as many categories or as few categories as the competitor chooses, as long as a minimum of four mounts are entered. If a competi-tor enters more than four mounts, the four highest scoring mounts will be added to determine a total score.
• The competitor must designate the division he/she desires to compete in. Entries may not be split between Professional and Masters Divisions and a competitor may not register for this award in both divisions. The competitor may still choose to enter additional mounts in the other divi-sion but scores for the Competitors Award will be counted only in the di-vision he/she registered for this award.
• A 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cash award will be made in each division as determined by the number of registrants, as well as a Plaque Award for 1st place in each division. Entries registered for this award will be eligible for all other major awards offered by the OTA.